Members of the Society come from all walks of life, their one common attribute being an interest in J.B. Priestley. Anybody, anywhere in the world, is most welcome to join us.
The benefits of membership are many. All new members receive:
- Membership card
- Access to the Members’ Area on the website and open access to digitised versions of many of the back-catalogue of Society publications
- A back issue of the Society’s annual Journal – containing articles about Priestley’s life and work and little known works by Priestley himself
- 3 Postcard images of J.B. Priestley
- A copy of a Society produced CD – usually a celebrity lecture
- An attractive lapel badge
Ongoing benefits of membership are as follows:
- A copy of the Society Journal and four newsletters per year.
- Up to date information about Society events and activities.
- Invitation to celebrity lectures, talks, seminars, walks, social evenings, other events and the Annual Priestley Society Dinner.
- Up to date information and access to other J.B. Priestley events not organised by the Society, e.g. new productions of plays and book launches.
- Close links with Special Collections at the University of Bradford, home to the J.B. Priestley Archive that houses virtually all Priestley’s plays, novels, critical and philosophical works, plus theatre programmes, letters, memorabilia, photographs, scripts, press cuttings and much more.
- Access to consult The J.B. Priestley Collection at Senate House Library in the University of London. This was formed in 2005 at the instigation of Tom Priestley, J.B.’s son, and of the Priestley Society. The collection contains first and other distinctive editions of Priestley works.
- Up to date information regarding Society publications and new editions of Priestley’s own works.
- Invitation to organised theatre trips.
Annual Subscription Rates are as follows:
- £15 Single membership (UK)
- £18 Single Overseas Membership
- £20 Family membership
- £10 Concessionary membership (Students, Pensioners, Unemployed and those in receipt of DSS benefit)